So you like baking? Well, you’ve found your way through the millions of food blogs to the right food blog because I will teach you how to bake the right way and all my recipes are rock solid and have been tried and tested before I post them on this blog. I do not beat around the bush with my recipes and if you follow them to the tee, which is not difficult to do, then you will end up with perfectly baked cupcakes! Today’s recipe is an easy cupcake recipe which is made from scratch and is the epitome of an easy baking recipe. Everyone, well almost everyone, loves a good Chocolate Cupcake and if they’re moist and soft and decadent then it’s a winning recipe and that’s exactly what I have for you today!
Cupcakes are so popular because they are quick and easy to make though there are thousands of varieties of cupcakes available today with an astounding number of ingredients which go into them. They’re fun to eat or so people say they are and there are millions of people with selfies holding a cupcake which they’ve just bitten into with pouts on their faces signifying the ecstasy they’re expected to feel when eating a cupcake! I can’t understand the logic behind a pout and why on earth would you pout over a cupcake? Leave alone cupcakes, people pout over everything today! If it’s a pic, then it has to be a pout! Absolutely ridiculous!
Enough of my ranting and raving and more about cupcakes – I find cupcakes a really nice filler in between meals and yes it does look nice to serve cupcakes when friends and guests come over. But beware! These little fellows are deceptively fattening so do workout hard after eating one of them!
- Cocoa Powder - 50 Grams
- Boiling Hot Water - 240 ml
- Flour - 175 Grams
- Baking Powder - 2 Teaspoons
- Butter - 113 Grams
- Sugar - 200 Grams
- Eggs - 2 Large at Room Temperature
- Vanilla Extract - 2 Teaspoons
- Preheat the oven to 190° C.
- Line 16 Cupcake cups with Cupcake Papers and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, smooth the cocoa powder into the boiling hot water. Make sure there are no lumps and set aside to cool completely to room temperature.
- Whisk together the flour and baking powder in a bowl and set aside.
- With your hand whisk or mixer, beat butter until light and fluffy.
- Add sugar and beat until fluffy. This should take around 4 to 5 minutes.
- Beat in eggs one at a time. Beat until a smooth light batter is reached.
- Beat in the vanilla extract.
- Mix in the flour and baking powder mixture only until incorporated.
- Now slowly stir in the cocoa powder mixture and mix only until incorporated with the rest of the batter.
- Spoon into Cupcake cups and smoothen tops with the back of the spoon or with a spatula.
- Bake for 16 to 20 minutes or till tester comes out clean. Do not overbake!
- Place them on a cooling rack once done and enjoy them when they have completely cooled down.
- Frost cupcakes only once they are cool. Otherwise enjoy them as they are.
Let me now tell you about a very important tip when baking cakes! This tip will help you tremendously your entire life! Never whisk in flour into any batter at high-speed and never overmix the flour into the batter either. Always mix or fold the flour into a batter just enough until it’s incorporated. By doing this, you will allow the strands of gluten, to form properly and if you overmix or mix flour into a batter at a high-speed, the gluten will not form and you will definitely end up with portions of uncooked or wet batter in your cake even after it has baked for as long as what it needs to.
With that been said, enjoy your cupcakes and if you are adventurous enough to try something a bit more complicated, do try my Zebra Cake Recipe which is an absolute winner!
Do make this recipe and do let me know how it turns out for you!