Isn’t this picture beautiful? This plating has been done by my super talented and pretty wife!
Who says Broccoli is a boring vegetable? It’s all a matter of perspective and how you make it. Like all green vegetables, Broccoli too is very high in dietary fiber and pack with minerals, vitamins, and nutrients. I think it will be a worthy challenge if someone dared me to whip up fantastic broccoli recipes. I’m up for it!
Today’s pure vegetarian recipe is incredibly simple and very tasty. It takes a few minutes to prepare, has no complicated ingredients, and will disappear in minutes after its prepared. Believe me!
- Broccoli - 1 Cup, Cut into Florets and Blanched in Hot Salted Water
- Potatoes - 1 Large Cut into Cubes roughly 1 cm in Size and Parboiled
- Garlic - 5 Cloves Minced
- Salt - To Taste
- Fresh Black Pepper - 2 Pinches Coarsely Ground
- Butter - 1 Tablespoon
- Place a non-stick frying pan on the stove and turn heat to medium-high.
- Add Butter and melt.
- Add Garlic and sauté until fragrant.
- Add Potatoes and sauté for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add Broccoli and sauté.
- Add Salt and Pepper, stir, cover frying pan and let veggies cook for 5 to 6 minutes on low heat.
- Next turn the heat up to high and cook. Toss vegetables in the pan for even cooking and caramelization.
- Check seasoning and softness of potatoes. if potatoes mash easily or with very little resistance your awesome dish is done!
- Serve hot and enjoy with almost anything!
Instead of using olive oil, use butter as this will add oodles of taste and flavor. A bit of butter is harmless! So please use butter! For me, the smell of melting butter really works up my appetite! So for as long as I can and wherever I can, I’ll pass up olive oil for butter any day!
There is just one tip I would like to tell you about while making any Broccoli Recipe – Do not over cook the Broccoli. Mushy Broccoli is difficult to palate! A little crunchiness in a vegetarian recipe adds so much texture and does make the dish interesting to eat! Besides, leaving veggies a bit raw when cooking retains most of their goodness!
Do make this recipe dear reader! I am sure that you’ll like it as much as what I have! Enjoy!