The Most Delicious Pork and Carrot Stew
Today’s meat and vegetable recipe are probably one of the best I have ever made. I love carrots and can never get enough of them and pork is a wonderfully delicious meat which when cooked just right turns out to be awesome. Now if you bring these two fine food elements together with some garlic and throw in some thyme, you have a food bomb waiting to explode with all its amazing flavors on your plate! Today I will teach you how to make Pork and Carrot stew. This is a fairly easy recipe and is another one of my no fuss recipes and I don’t think this dish is available in any of the restaurants in my city.
I have made a very similar recipe called Chicken Stew with Carrots but this Pork Stew recipe completely out shadows my older recipe. Pork has much more flavor than what chicken does which is what makes all the difference in this recipe. I have always found that meat on the bone is so much tastier when cooked rather than boneless meat pieces which is why I chose Pork Ribs to make this recipe. Once you make this meat and vegetables recipe you will know what I am talking about. Soft and tender meat just falling off the bone with melt in your mouth pieces of carrot which add a lovely sweetness to the entire dish!
Let’s crack on with the recipe then shall we?
- Pork Ribs - 500 Grams, Ribs Separated
- Carrots - 500 Grams, Sliced. The Thickness of the Slices do not Matter
- Garlic - 1 Head Peeled and Left Whole
- Thyme - 2 Pinches
- Dried Red Chillies - 2 Long Ones
- Pepper - ¼th Teaspoon
- Butter - 1 Teaspoon
- Salt - To Taste
- Chicken Stock - 1 Cup
- Place a non-stick cooking pot on the stove, turn the heat up to medium-high and add the butter.
- Wait till the butter melts and immediately add the pork ribs and braise the meat well on either side till its nice caramelized. This is going to add oodles of flavor to this recipe. This will take 6 to 8 minutes.
- Once done remove from the pot and drop in the carrot slices and turn the heat down to low.
- Deglaze the pot with a bit of chicken stock so that the carrot slices absorb some of the awesome flavor which developed while braising the meat.
- Cook the carrot slices in the pot for 5 minutes and remove from the pot and set aside.
- Now add the braised pork ribs to the cooking pot.
- Drop in the whole garlic pods and stir.
- Add salt, thyme, and dried red chilies and pour in the chicken stock and stir.
- Cover and let the meat cook for 25 minutes on medium-low heat.
- After 25 minutes, remove the cover and add the carrot slices.
- Stir and cover and let the stew cook for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, remove the cover and check the tenderness of the meat with the edge of your spoon. if the meat starts to fall apart with the least amount of pressure then your stew is almost ready. If the meat is still tough then cook for 10 minutes more. If the meat is soft then proceed with the next step.
- Mash a few carrot slices with the back of your spoon to thicken the gravy of the stew.
- Add the pepper now and stir.
- Turn the heat up to medium-high and reduce the liquid in the pot to a thick gravy like what you see in the picture.
- Once done remove from the heat, allow the stew to stand for 10 minutes and then serve immediately.
- Enjoy with garlic bread!
I’m having this for dinner tonight and it’s right about dinner time right now! I’m not going to write anything more about this fabulous stew recipe as I fall short of words with this one.
So please do make this recipe and do let me know how this turns out for you! Enjoy!